Baccarat description and game rules
What is Baccarat?
Baccarat is an exciting game, full of suspense and intrigue! Baccarat is both simple to learn and play. A game of baccarat has three possible outcomes: Player win, Banker win, and tie. Participants in the game have the option to bet on either the player or bankers hand.
In-game Baccarat screenshots
Baccarat game rules
- Bet on either the Player or Banker hand, before the cards are dealt.
- Both Banker and Player are dealt 2 cards each.
- Each of the hands' value is counted as follows: Tens and face cards all are worth zero points; all other cards are worth their face value, with the ace worth one point. If a total is more than 10, the second digit is the value of the hand. For example, a 9 and a 6, which total 15, make up a five-point hand. In order to win, your bet must be on the hand that totals closer to nine.
- Natural win: If in the first two cards dealt, the point total is 8 or 9 for either the Player or the Banker, this is called a natural win and the game is over. Bets that have already been placed are cashed out.
- A total of 8 or 9 for the Player will get no additional cards. The Player stands on totals of 6 or 7. On any other total, 0-5, the Player draws a third card, unless the banker has 8 or 9, in which case the bank hand wins with no further draw.
- If the Player stands pat (or draws no new cards), the Banker draws with a hand total of 0-5 and stays pat with a hand total of 6 or 7. All other hands are dependent on the third card the Player draws:
- If the Player’s third card is 9, 10, face-card or Ace, the Banker draws when he has a 0-3, and stays with a 4-7.
- If the Player’s third card is 8, the Banker draws when he has a 0-2, and stays with a 3-7.
- If the Player’s third card is 6 or 7, the Banker draws when he has a 0-6, and stays with a 7.
- If the Player’s third card is 4 or 5, the Banker draws when he has a 0-5, and stays with a 6-7.
- If the Player’s third card is 2 or 3, the Banker draws when he has a 0-4, and stays with a 5-7.
- The winning hand is that which totals closer to 9. In the event of a tie, neither hand wins or loses.
Baccarat Tips & facts
- House edge on 'player' bet: 1.06%, house edge on 'banker' bet:1.24%, house edge on tie bet: 14.36%