WAGERING COMPETITION 24th May - 26th May
Read more, play and compete yourself!
Baccarat description and game rules
What is Baccarat?
Baccarat is an exciting game, full of suspense and intrigue! Baccarat is both simple to learn and play. A game of baccarat has three possible outcomes: Player win, Banker win, and tie. Participants in the game have the option to bet on either the player or bankers hand.
In-game Baccarat screenshots
Baccarat game rules
- Bet on either the Player or Banker hand, before the cards are dealt.
- Both Banker and Player are dealt 2 cards each.
- Each of the hands' value is counted as follows: Tens and face cards all are worth zero points; all other cards are worth their face value, with the ace worth one point. If a total is more than 10, the second digit is the value of the hand. For example, a 9 and a 6, which total 15, make up a five-point hand. In order to win, your bet must be on the hand that totals closer to nine.
- Natural win: If in the first two cards dealt, the point total is 8 or 9 for either the Player or the Banker, this is called a natural win and the game is over. Bets that have already been placed are cashed out.
- A total of 8 or 9 for the Player will get no additional cards. The Player stands on totals of 6 or 7. On any other total, 0-5, the Player draws a third card, unless the banker has 8 or 9, in which case the bank hand wins with no further draw.
- If the Player stands pat (or draws no new cards), the Banker draws with a hand total of 0-5 and stays pat with a hand total of 6 or 7. All other hands are dependent on the third card the Player draws:
- If the Player’s third card is 9, 10, face-card or Ace, the Banker draws when he has a 0-3, and stays with a 4-7.
- If the Player’s third card is 8, the Banker draws when he has a 0-2, and stays with a 3-7.
- If the Player’s third card is 6 or 7, the Banker draws when he has a 0-6, and stays with a 7.
- If the Player’s third card is 4 or 5, the Banker draws when he has a 0-5, and stays with a 6-7.
- If the Player’s third card is 2 or 3, the Banker draws when he has a 0-4, and stays with a 5-7.
- The winning hand is that which totals closer to 9. In the event of a tie, neither hand wins or loses.
Baccarat Tips & facts
- House edge on 'player' bet: 1.06%, house edge on 'banker' bet:1.24%, house edge on tie bet: 14.36%